Whether you are buying a new or a used car, reading car buying tips on blogs is a good way to arm yourself against all fallacies and frauds. Here, we shall discuss the information that you can find in a good car buying blog online.
You must first decide the budget for your car. Will you be going for monthly installments or paying the amount upfront? Will you be applying for a loan? Once you are clear about these aspects, you can start short listing the different models that come within your budget.
Once you have shortlisted the cars, decide the model you are looking for and visit the dealership to check the model. Ask about the engine and the mileage. Reading reviews on car buying blogs and comparing the different features can help you to know about the actual performance of cars.
Make sure to inspect the cars before making your mind. The different aspects that you must look into while buying cars are as follows:
• Check the exteriors. Cars must have a constant paint finish and there should not be any dent or scratches.
• Check gaps between the panels and see to it if they are of the same breadth. This is particularly essential when you are buying a used car. If you find gaps in the panel, then chances are high that the car has met with accidents in the past.
• Open and close the car doors and press down the car from the different four corners. Cars which are in good condition will come back to the normal height easily.
• You must check Vehicle Identification Number or the VIN. If you are buying a used car, get history records of oil changes, reports of routine maintenance, transmission service etc. Inspect the oil used and the engine. The color of oil used must be golden and free from debris or dirt.
• Coolant’s fluid levels must also be inspected.
• Car’s odometer and the mileage must be crosschecked. Documents of the car can be referred to for accuracy.
• Indicators, headlights, wipers, dashboard, AC, breaks, gears, seat adjuster, and electric windows must be checked properly.
• For assurance, you must check the servicing stamps, MOT certificate, driving history and the logbook.
• You must not buy a car without opting for a test drive. A test drive will let you know if there are too many vibrations or shakes in the car. A full check of the different features and working parts will help you know if the car is in a sound condition.
If you have decided to take loans, make sure to get quotes from 3-4 finance companies. You can look for quotes online as well. This way you can know about the upfront down payment amount that you will have to pay.
Keeping in mind these tips while buying cars will help you make informed decision and you can also enjoy hassle free long drives with your loved ones.
This Article was written by Curtis Schossow. Visit our site at http://www.onlyaboutcars.com/ and http://www.onlyaboutcars.com/category/used-cars/ for more details.
Article Source: http://www.articleslash.net